Homestead

Homestead
Beauty in the Bloom

May 1, 2010

Remember Me?

Something I thought about lately...does anyone remember the cliché cliques in high school, and each specific person a part of it? How about your elementary teacher? your friends from summer camp? college buddies and classmates? Past relationships? My wonderment is the thought of these and any other person who have entered in my life...there are those that I still think about past-wise. Strange as it's normally sounds, I have wondered what they've been up to in their lives. Not out of worry or concern, but sheer curiosity. Like the catch phrases in classmates.com, "She got married to him?!" "He's doing what for a living?" "They have how many kids?" Rarely are my thoughts like "Did my best friend in elementary become a drug user later in life?" I have casual thinking about the people that came and went thus far in my steps of life.


My title is "Remember Me?" because I'm curious if others feel the same towards me (and no, family and relatives don't count :D that's a given, even though I still have those anyway). Have they (non-related folks) thought about the things we've done? moments we laughed over? cried about? secrets we told? Memories that have intertwined my daily, boring work schedule into "Oh yeah, I forgot about that" moments.
Here's a couple that I'll share for those that may remember:


~ Lunchbox Choir was established 2000 (maybe earlier?) with Mrs. Gilbert for us to practice songs during times when we'd be hungering to belt out our diaphragms for a mere 20 mins.
~ Drama class in HS of 2003, the first time BR-H gave Ms. Mains the chance to teach something that our po-dunk brains wanted to eagerly learn.
~ Proud to know that the class of 2005 has consistently won first place of hall decorating during Homecoming Week since 7th grade! Boo-yah!
~ Visits with the Yates and Cobbs: always spontaneous. There's always some video we're watching of their ad libbing heroes and villains, movie parodies, school plays, and family happenings; some function with their sprouting band of either practicing or performing (you guys were really good!); VBS assistance that mostly led to water fights; Marie's room that stayed like a fridge 24/7 and was so moved when singing with her harmoniously or listening to her beautifully play piano; chalk drawings of a big monkey tree and the West Coast Chalkers stick figures...this list goes on...what happened to those times afterwards?
~ Summer Camp at WCYC of 2005: Jacki, Meagan, Connie and I were by Bird's Nest cabin looking for an excuse to fool Jered and Nathan for something ridiculous, the second year of Biohazard Soccer, Andrew Steevens sports a mohawk and "I Can! Eat You?" apron, and our teachings of the gospel of Mark selected some campers to be handicapped and/or rejected, some counselors to be OT dictators, and one to be Jesus and "heal" us all.
~ Some participated in a Bay College theatrical called Hellcab, a tremendous script of 25 characters played by 12 people. Roberto, you still rock at the scene that played "My Name is Jonas" by Weezer! Andrew, still love the sock puppet and not-quite-there demeanor. Does anyone smell bananas? Unfortunately, my dad didn't like it because I played a druggie, engaged in an affair, and a rape victim.
~ How about the making of Gnome Scavenger Hunt videos? Gnomes who can't get hired, gnomes that steal with a shotgun (and get "handcuffed" at the station, and get tossed on Kids Kingdom and completely shatters, car chases, quilting with old folks, buying property, etc.
~ Drama/Art class field trip to view two Chicago theatricals (Wicked and Rabbit Hole), the Milwaukee history museum, experience a first of Chicago-style pizza, and a Travelodge stay of just $40 per person!!!!! How awesome is that!!!!!
~ Long walks in-between classes with one of my favorite girls, Ms Cherylness. I still have and truly love that skirt that you gave to me :) before you moved down to sunny side FL :(
~ Trying to plan a pool party at Scotty G's house, but it never happened! I do remember viewing one of my long-lost Disney classics, "Pete's Dragon" at your house one summer day :D
~ How Royanaba always goes canoeing in some part of our time together; why did I have to get stuck with Billy and Kyle like I did eight years ago? Oh wait, that was Roddy and Kyle when they splashed me constantly because boys are stupid and laugh insanely when they make girls cry :)


I guess those are a few tidbits of remembering others that I haven't seen (excluding Kyle) in a long time. What's happening with you guys these days? What's your life story?

No comments: