It finally happened...the one thing that I thought would not even be possible has now come true for every student on the campus of Bay College.
Seeing how the girls had school cancelled this morning was inevitable, so I thought I would give the chance of checking to see if Bay would (not like they ever done it before even if every other school was). This is what I heard when I called the directory (in paraphrased form because I don't remember everything that the update announced)..."Due to the inclemented weather that has occurred, the Escanaba Main campus will be closed. Information regarding evening classes will be announced at about 4 p.m. Check your local weather stations for further notice."
I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to hear this news! Rosie was curious as to what my excitement was from. She took it as me upset with something, and the chase was on. I finally grabbed hold of her to tell her that yes, Bay is cancelled today. But, just to make sure that the amazing news was true, I had to check my Bay email account.
At 6:46 a.m., the magic moment happened: An email was sent out to all the staff and students of the Escanaba (main) campus from Laura Johnson, Executive Administrative Assistant to the President..."The Escanaba campus is closed today, Monday, Feb. 18th due to weather. A determination concerning evening classes will be made by 4 p.m. EST today."
I think my heart leapt out of my chest. My sisters couldn't believe it, nor could I. They knew the annoyance that I had to endure the elements while they sat home chillaxing in their pajamas with movie entertainment. Now, I get to do the same...so to speak...I wouldn't be watching movies all day. There's work to be done! What would the chores be? Don't know...I'll be sure to find out, so that some people don't think that I've been slacking on my day off :D
No comments:
Post a Comment