Homestead

Homestead
Beauty in the Bloom

Feb 12, 2008

Calm From the Storm

It's always when your "weather" is at its peak of disaster does it feel like you're hopeless as to where to go, where to turn, who to turn to...your vision is impaired, your body tossed about by wind/waves, you can't find stability, you hear only the ascending rage of the storm...you pray for assurance...you pray for relief...you pray for courage...you pray for ... sometimes you don't know what to pray for, yet He knows what's troubling you...when all seems like you've lost your ground, He calms the tempest to something we can familiarize with before the happenings began...warmth...surroundings of God's beauty...happiness with life again...thankfulness for His answer...tranquility in the environment...love for your family/friends/significant other/whoever else is actively involved in your life today...

It's those situations that at your weakest makes you stronger in the aftermath...how does that work, though? The greatest mystery to those that have been trying to figure that out for centuries (at least I think they have)...helplessness becomes hopefulness...but there are those that have given up on the faith that something better is going to come about...their pain is something that they can't accept any longer...and some who worry and concern themselves so much to the point that something negative is about to happen...their love for the individual(s) involved is so great that they wouldn't want them to think about us badly...

That's how I felt...I love the man to death...to have him think anything less of me would crush me...because of the dispute, it left me to feel that "us" was going to die, cease to happen anymore...why I worried about it?...because I was always believing in us...always making sure that he was happy with me in everything...always striving to make us possible, even though it seemed like it was too unbelieveable to think that it's real...always feeling like no other man could be my Godsend forever...I worry because I'm ever concerned about him...I worry because I'm a girl...I worry because I love him so profoundly that I don't know how else to emphasize that I do have this amazing feeling/emotion with him...the whole discussion was completely misunderstanding of ourselves and that our caring of each other so much brought about our love in the mix...afraid that our love would be no more...

But God had a way of calming our storm...the patience that we needed to better hear each other, better understand each other...and the love that we always knew because of His plan in our lives together, how He brought us together to finally be forever...giving us the faith that everything was going to be worked out...even though we worried ourselves to death thinking the worst...our love for each other is what got us through...and our Lord providing His guidance...I'm very thankful and blessed to know that our tempest has calmed...our love has never died...and we are still in awe of each other and God because of it.

No comments: