Homestead

Homestead
Beauty in the Bloom

Jun 23, 2014

Calamity Within

In disaster, I falter
Throughout destruction, I am shaken
From indecision comes internal doubt
Hatred clouds true judgment
Zombified to routine despite calling for desperation in vigor

I am idiosyncrasy
I am chaos
I am rage
I am weakness
I am wreckage
I am impatience
I am frustration
I am bitterness

Procrastination keeps presenting itself
In hopes that a divine inspiration could kickstart a refreshment to life
Failing to comprehend of what can stir within
Unbeknownst of the trail ahead
What is this being capable of?

The mind is tormented to choose wisely
The heart is conflicted with split obedience
The soul is retched with impending thoughts
The spirit is weathered from disturbance

I am falling
I am afraid
I am lacking
I am uncontrollable
I am divided
I am uncertain
I am empty
I am wasting

To believe in thyself can come at a cost
The "what ifs" arise with intensity
And yet, there is marvelous discovery
Something unshaken in courage
Something spectacular in admiration
Something sustaining in devotion
But to dig for this gold seems to present a futile dream
Its hopelessness thrives in the crux

Where is redemption from this turmoil?
Where is peace to the overwhelms of life?
Where is inner strength to venture forth?
Where is answer to the enigmatic teasers?
Where is art to rejection?
Where is meaning to function?
Where is angle to affirmation?

I fail to be persistence
I fail to be resolution
I fail to be delighted
I fail to be focused
I fail to be faithful
I fail to be love

God, where do You truly need me?
Father, what do You sincerely see in me?
Savior, how can You possibly love me?
Spirit, why can't I salvage the words to pray?

What is stacked with importance?
What is most heartfelt and meaningful?
What is fueled with generous involvement?
My compass needs to point here
I beg, show me Your way...

No comments: