Homestead

Homestead
Beauty in the Bloom

May 24, 2014

Loving Life at Our Five-Year Moment

Yeah, you guessed it. This union keeps me extremely blessed with this amazing, incredible, and encouraging individual. I can count his ways that have continued to capture my heart:
 1. Completes favors for me when I do or don't ask him to.
 2. Brave to be affectionate in public and unwilling to hide it from me.
 3. Makes what I like to call "dad jokes" to create a smile from me, even if they are really cheesy and terribly made!
 4. Compliments and eats my culinary skills. Even when I feel that I didn't do something as good as I had hoped, he finds the means to enlighten me. 
 5. When I'm down about some dumb work situation, a person, struggle, conflict, traffic, life...he always finds a way to cheer me up, even if he feels that he doesn't do any good with his encouragement.
 6. His white-boy dancing, goofiness, and random acts of hilarity. 
 7. Ultimately described as my favorite kiss: He cradles my face with his hand(s) while he kisses me softly, slowly, meaningfully - it completely takes my breath away because I believe it is the most passionate way to touch my soul. 
 8. Our tendency to openly and actually communicate about our disputes, no matter how difficult, followed by...
 9. Resolving those disputes because of our tendency to want to keep each other content and relieved. 
10. How he loves me for who I am now, not for what I have done before.
11. Constantly reminds me that God has a plan that has been amazing to us thus far, despite the numerous struggles that we have embraced together. 
12. His patience through my idiosyncrasies. 
13. Finds me attractive in ways that are unbeknownst to me!
14. Loves the simple lifestyle as much as I do: no huge spending sprees on trivial and material things, no big mansion that we must live in, no pristine lawns like everyone else in our neighborhood, etc - all we need is money to save on future things, a place to call a home, food on the table, and each other to call our beloved for life. 
15. How he calls our animal children: our dog, Batman as "Puppy," and Kettle "Baby Kitty" and babytalks to them. 
16. How much he enjoys making trips to spend time with my insane family, and I with his fun family. 
17. When he tucks me in and kisses me goodnight, even when I try to stay up late just to see his face when walks in the door from a late night at work. 
18. When he's genuinely concerned for our well being by asking me if I'm doing ok, even though I tell him otherwise. 
19. When he does anything possible to look after us financially, spiritually, emotionally. 
20. How he holds me when I need it the most, talks to me comfortingly, and tries to bring out a smile, because he doesn't like to see me cry. 
21. How he leads our life together, knowing full well that I can trust him, support him and stand by him with any and every decision. 
22. When he encourages me to be the success that he sees in me, but I don't see in myself. 
23. When we find the time to come together, fully delighting in each other. I don't care if I shouldn't say it, I LOVE my quality time spent with my man. 
24. How he knows that I can trust him when he spends time with his other "husbands" aka friends, to let me know that he's always smart with his decisions. 
25. When he looks at me with his intense blue-green eyes and sincerely tells me, "I love you." 
26. How much I couldn't imagine life without him...too indescribable for words. Why? Because I've fully believed that He's sent me my absolutely perfect godsend. 

The last five years has shown many things that most couples could never endure together, by giving up the battle too soon. I pray that our union will continue to outlast those who selfishly and weakly cannot handle one of the most beautiful, serious and amazing relationships ever established. I am more than honored to be your beloved, and fully desire more years with you, I heart you always. Love, Your Sweetheart.

No comments: