Homestead

Homestead
Beauty in the Bloom

Aug 19, 2008

Constantly searching

I don't know how many of you actually read the updates of my life...but this is it:

I moved down to Warren with Kyle's parents and have been very relaxed, at ease, and comfortable with myself and my future in-laws these days. It's been a very marvelous time while I have been there.

My little cat Spatula (aka Spat, Splat, Spam, Trouble) is rambunctious and hilarious and cute. There's nothing she likes more than to sleep all day and stay up all night :D Fun...she loves the plastic bags, Pixy chasing, stuffed elephants, and styrofoam balls with weights. She's so adorable.

The job thing...well it's going...no matter what I want to obtain, they always tell me I'm not good enough for the position...immediately they observe that I don't have the secretarial experience from any job that I've had thus far, and discard me...no matter how I try to gussy it up for them to believe that they're ridiculous not to hire me...

I get so aggravated of rejection...it's pressure on me from others who bring it up all the time, because it seems to them I should have had something by now for the little-over-two-months that I have been down here. I mean, it's nice that they suggest stuff to me, but I didn't think that after a degree in what I've studied and homeworked over doesn't seem to cut it with those that are looking for somebody with what I have, or what I have been through...

I talked to Kyle about all that I felt last night, and even though I have confessed of my feelings of this job situation before, he doesn't mind reminding me of the positive effects with this...and he gave me something to continually encourage me with: "Don't look at this as rejection; think of it as God's way of telling you that He needs you somewhere else." I am paraphrasing, but that's the general idea of what he revealed to me. And at the same time, believes that everything that I have done with obtaining a job hasn't fallen short of faltering...I always know that he's honest with me 110%, so it's all the more astounding to me that he tells me these things...it helps me believe in myself that much more...

God knows that I absolutely love this boy to death...and I tell people all the time that since I've moved down here, he has been my biggest supporter, encouragement, and teacher. Most importantly, I can't thank him enough for what he has been doing for me and to me. I can honestly say that every day has been a continued blessing with him with me. I don't know what I would do if I moved to somewhere else, with no one to rely on.

Thank you to all who have helped me out in job searching, love and encouragement through my time down here. I have thoroughly appreciated the efforts to make my move here an astounding process. I pray that I can be able to return the favor for you...


No comments: