Homestead

Homestead
Beauty in the Bloom

Oct 29, 2007

What happens to the human when cat gets killed by curiosity?

I feel like my spirit has been crushed because of my behavior. Why did I let myself flow with worldly ways? I'm hard on myself because I know my faults with my actions; I feel like that bond doesn't fade, especially for something like this...I learn from my mistakes daily, and I tend to look back upon them. Why? To better myself? To see the faults I've done? To look on the sins I've made and lather in regret and bitterness?

Merciful God, forgive my selfish, greedy, inexcusable behavior. I shamed you, I hurt loved ones, and I degraded my character. I don't want to screw it up anymore. I don't want to fail even though I expose my imperfections time and time again. I know that I am human, but is there any way for me to learn from my mistakes without feeling like I'm worth nothing? Why does this song speak to me so much? Why do I hold its truth so tightly to me? Why do I feel like I want to perfect myself every chance I get when I amplify these lyrics? Kutless, blessed are you for writing something so powerful that holds every truth in my life...

Empty reasons for my past
Excuses do not hold
I'm struck with my affliction
An inner perfect storm
Why didn't someone warn me
To save me from my self?
The pain is self inflicted
The decisions were my own
Now listen to history

There's so much I could say
There's so much that I've learned don't make my mistake
There's no time to delay
Take my hand and learn from my heartache

Take a look into the past
See all the things I've tried
Looking for a truth inside
But only finding pain
See these deep and painful scars
Cutting to the bone
Do you want to look like me?
With a broken, empty life
Now listen to history

There's so much I could say
There's so much that I've learned don't make my mistake
There's no time to delay
Take my hand and learn from my heartache

Some things you may never understand
But knowledge from lessons not your own
Can save you from the unknown
Which may stop your fall

There's so much I could say
There's so much that I've learned don't make my mistake
There's no time to delay
Take my hand and learn from my heartache
There's so much I could say
There's so much that I've learned don't make my mistake
There's no time to delay
Take my hand and learn from my heartache

No comments: